Friday, September 30, 2011

Today was a GREAT day!

Today was a great day!  And after a somewhat rollercoaster week, I’m glad life is back on the upside.  And as I’m sitting here on my couch on a Friday night (completely content with life, I might add), I feel like I need to blog lol.
So like I said before, this week has been kinda crazy.  Well, the past 2 and a half weeks…  I got evaluated for the first time.  Nothing like being the only first year teacher and being evaluated first, and less than a month into school.  YIKES!  But it went well.  When my principal and I talked about it, he said that I was doing a great job, especially as a first year, and that he really enjoyed my lesson.  He even said that he learned a few things J  So I don’t think I’m in danger of being fired.   Not that I was worried.
Then last week was so hectic and crazy.  I’m playing in Kankakee for Oliver and it was tech week, which mean I was driving back and forth to Kankakee each night.  Ryan (if you by chance read this), I seriously do not know how you can make the drive back and forth every day!  And sometimes twice a day.  I did it for a week and couldn’t handle it.  Suuuuuch a boring drive.  So kudos to you!
Anyway, I FINALLY got my music for Grandparent’s day, so I’ve started working with the kids on that.  And it is going pretty well so far!  I think most of the kids are enjoying the music, and they are actually sounding pretty decent at it.  We still need to work on our SINGING and not yelling voices, but I’m proud of what they have done so far.  It should be a good concert.
And it’s been really nice having the teachers on my side, too.  I talked a few minutes with one of the teachers and he was SO glad and impressed that I was letting the younger kids sing two songs instead of just the one.  And I’ve been talking with the other teachers about the concert and getting them involved in various ways, too.  They all have been very supportive and seem really excited to see the final product.  And I am, too.
And to bring it full circle, today was a GREAT day.  I felt like a real teacher today.  My kindergarteners were FANTASTIC, I feel like my choir has made some really great progress, and my sixth graders were pretty decent today as well.  And then after school, we had our pay-day dance party and then went out to Iroquois to talk and be friends outside of the school.  It was nice.  And I’m glad that I work in such a great school district with such great kids and great teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment